UMNO Youth Malaysia International Bureau Statement
1. UMNO Youth Malaysia International Bureau takes the recent event in Jakarta seriously.
2. We also condemn the recent series of extremist and terrorist acts that happened in Paris, Syria and Istanbul.
3. This all stemmed from deviant radical ideologies and irresponsible acts.
4. These actions go against the true teachings of Islam or any other religion.
5. All religions are based on peace and reject all forms of violence
6. We also denounce and condemn the teachings and diabolical practices of the ISIS and DAESH extremists in the Middle East that is gaining traction and making its presence felt in the region.
7. We regret the fact that this matter has become a geopolitical issue and could jeopardise regional security.
8. The threat of extreme ideologies and doctrines are clear and present, therefore we call upon the Malaysian Government to strengthen peace and unity awareness campaigns especially towards the youth in Malaysia to ensure they do not get seduced by deviant religious ideologies.
9. Extremists and extremism have no place in the global community, this region nor in Malaysia.
Dato Mohamed Hazali Abu Hassan