CMCO in Labuan extended from tomorrow until Dec 6 – Ismail Sabri
KUALA LUMPUR,. The Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) in the Federal Territory of Labuan, which is supposed to end today, will be extended starting tomorrow until Dec 6, says Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
He said the decision was made on the advice and risk assessment by the Ministry of Health (MOH) as there were still 35 new cases of Covid-19 as of yesterday, bringing the total number of positive cases in Labuan to 1,135.
“The CMCO needs to be implemented to curb the spread of Covid-19 and to enable the health workers to actively carry out case detection in targeted areas identified as high risk,” he said at his daily press conference here today.
The government had earlier announced the enforcement of the CMCO in Labuan from Oct 17 to 30, which was then extended until today.
Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) enforced in Kampung Haji Baki, Kuching ended earlier than scheduled.
He said it was due to all the screening test results obtained yesterday and no Covid-19 positive cases detected in the area in the past seven days.
Earlier, the government had announced the enforcement of the EMCO in Kampung Haji Baki from Oct 28 to Nov 10, before being extended until Nov 24.