Myanmar Exports Nearly 1.7 Million Tonnes Of Corn In Nine Months

Myanmar Exports Nearly 1.7 Million Tonnes Of Corn In Nine Months

YANGON, Jun 4 (NNN-MNA) – Myanmar exported nearly 1.7 million tonnes of corn in nine months, between Sept, last year and May, this year, the Myanmar Pluses, Beans, Maize, and Sesame Seeds Merchants Association (MPBMSMA) said, yesterday.

The country’s 2022 corn season started in Sept, last year. During the nine months, Myanmar shipped over one million tonnes of corn by sea, while it exported nearly 600,000 tonnes to Thailand, and about 50,000 tonnes to China via land borders.

The country has set a target to export over two million tonnes of corn in the 2023-24 fiscal year, according to the Myanmar Corn Industrial Association. Myanmar exports corn to several countries, including Thailand, Vietnam, China, the Philippines and Malaysia.

In Myanmar, over two million acres of land were used to cultivate corn. Every year, the country produces 3.2 million tonnes of corn. Around 70 percent of corn is cultivated during the rainy season, while the remaining 30 percent is grown in the winter season.

– NNN-MNA

CATEGORIES
Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)
Disqus (0 )