Tchetche hat-trick won Terengganu FC in Melaka

Tchetche hat-trick won Terengganu FC in Melaka

KUALA LUMPUR: Import striker Kipre Tchetche’s hat-trick helped Terengganu FC (TFC) thrash Melaka United 4-2 last night, thus brightening the chances of the Penyu squad finishing in the Super League in the top three, with two games remaining.

In the clash at the Hang Jebat Stadium in Melaka, the support of the home fans and the status as a visiting team, did not affect the pace of play of TFC who managed to take a 3-1 lead in the first half through Tchetche’s hat-trick.

The striker from the Ivory Coast, ‘silenced’ the cheers of the home fans when he scored two early goals in the third and 13th minute respectively, followed by his third personal goal in the 36th minute before Melaka United won a penalty kick completed by Faris Shah Rosli in the minute the 44th.

Continuing the second half, the home team started brilliantly and managed to reduce the goal deficit thanks to Muhammad Syahmi Shamsudin’s finish in the 52nd minute, but TFC remained enthusiastic before national player Faisal Abdul Halim scored the team’s fourth goal in the 70th minute.

After 20 games, TFC remains third in the league with 38 points, one point separated from Sabah FC in second place, while Negeri Sembilan FC is fourth with 35 points, but one game less.

Currently, TFC, Sabah and Negeri Sembilan are the three teams competing for two slots in the 2023 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Cup, which will be awarded to the teams that finish second and third in the league this season.

At the same time, excellent action in the second half at the Likas Stadium, Kota Kinabalu saw Sabah FC bounce back from two consecutive defeats after beating the league’s bottom team Penang FC 4-1.

However, in the first half, the home squad coached by Datuk Ong Kim Swee faced fierce opposition from Penang, but eventually took a 1-0 lead after former national player Baddrol Bakhtiar broke the deadlock in the 33rd minute.

Penang equalized through Adib Abdul Ra’op in the 70th minute but Sabah quickly regained the lead two minutes later thanks to Park Tae-su’s touch before Saddil Ramdani made it 3-1 after completing a penalty kick in the 80th minute.

Approaching full time, Stuart Wilkin made his name as a scorer after completing the team’s 4-1 victory with a goal in the 89th minute.

Meanwhile, Selangor FC recorded their second consecutive win under the guidance of former national squad Head Coach Tan Cheng Hoe after overcoming Petaling Jaya (PJ) City FC 1-0 at the Petaling Jaya City Council Stadium.

Young striker Ahmad Danial Ahmad Asri emerged as the hero of the Red Giants squad after his winning goal in the 81st minute gave the team three valuable points and avenged the 0-1 defeat in the league clash last August.

Meanwhile, the action between Negeri Sembilan FC and Kedah Darul Aman (KDA) FC at the Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium, Paroi has been postponed tomorrow night due to bad weather which saw last night’s match forced to be postponed for about an hour, before the postponement decision is finalised.

Meanwhile, Super League champions Johor Darul Ta’zim (JDT), maintained their unbeaten record after a goalless draw against Sri Pahang FC, in an action that was delayed for about one hour and 30 minutes due to heavy rain at the Darul Makmur Stadium, Kuantan.

source – BERNAMA

Share This


Wordpress (0)
Disqus (0 )